The ‘Biodiversity in Good Company’ Initiative aims at
By signing the Initiative’s Leadership Commitment, the companies commit themselves to individual aims and progress:
1. Analyse impacts of corporate activities and current operational dependencies with regards to biological diversity.
2. Integrate the protection of biological diversity, the sustainable use of components and the equitable sharing of benefits derived from use (the three objectives of CBD) into sustainability management systems.
3. Appoint a responsible individual within the company to steer all activities in the biodiversity sector and report to the Managing Board.
4. Define realistic and measurable objectives to improve the protection of biological diversity and its sustainable utilization, to be monitored and adjusted every two to three years, and identify challenges.
5. Publish activities and achievements related to biological diversity in the company’s annual, environmental or sustainability report.
6. Inform suppliers about the company’s biodiversity objectives and integrate suppliers accordingly and step by step.
7. Explore the potential for cooperation with scientific institutions, non-governmental organizations and/or governmental institutions with the aim of deepening dialogue and continuously improving the corporate biodiversity management system.